Sunday, October 8, 2017

My First Configurations Box - Halloween

 It took about 2 weeks of slowly working here and there when I was inspired... but my first configurations box is complete! And I have to say I'm pretty happy with how it turned out :)

Before I really knew where it was going, I first painted all of the boxes and put some background details inside. The paint I used was Elephant from Dina Wakley Media, and I distressed all of the edges with a bit of Antique Stain by DecoArt. The glitter and other sparkly shiny bits used in the background are all from Finnabair.

The main images of the entire box are two amazing stamps by Stampotique called Daniel's Tree Topper and Dweeze that I stamped on watercolor paper and colored with Dina Wakley Media Scribble Sticks.

The Dweeze box is my favorite part! The cool spooky tree branch was die cut from chipboard and then heat embossed with black embossing powder multiple times until it got thick and bumpy. I hot glued the branch across the box then glued Dweeze to the branch. Dweeze is anchored by the "halloween" sign on the bottom, which has been painted with Spiced Marmalade. A couple of bats and an Ideaology skeleton hanging on the top finish it off.

I think this tiny 1" box really packs a creepy punch! I tinted the Salvaged Doll with the DecoArt antique stain and glued a stabby looking pen nib in her hands... only she knows where those skulls and bones came from!

The small box on the top is pretty straightforward with a 31 plaque that's been tinted with Distress Paints Wilted Violet and Twisted Citron. The vial was stained with Adirondack alcohol ink and some Finnabair glitter placed inside. The crossbone was also painted with Twisted Citron and hot glued to the box.

Hot glue is your best friend when making a configurations box, don't let anyone tell you otherwise! I hot glued a stacked of skulls, some bones, an embossed raven, and the creepy angel to the box on the top. 

I'll be linking this project to with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Walk on the Dark Side" and also the Stampotique Designer Challenge "Anything but a Card"


Gumdrops (stained with Adirondack alcohol)
Mini Plaquettes (31 number plaque)
Wicked Alpha-Parts (spooky, halloween, and bats)
Raven Thinlets Die (tree branch)

DecoArt Antique Cream


Follow on Bloglovin


Yesterday was World Card Making Day! It felt great to create again, even if it's just something small. There are so many great challenges that I've been missing out on... I can't believe this is my first entry to the wonderful Lawnfawnatics Challenge! The current challenge is "Happy Little Critters" where you need to showcase a Lawn Fawn critter in your project.

This Halloween ATC uses the little deer from "Party Animal" combined with a Frankenstein hat and stitches from "Booyah", both colored with Copic markers.

The background was super cute to create. I rubbed Distress Oxide Inks Wilted Violet and Spiced Marmalade over black cardstock. Next I used the Measured stencil from Tim Holtz with some Twisted Citron Distress Paint. The final touches include the metal skull (painted with Spiced Marmalade Distress Paint), a fork (ha!), and the Boo stickers.


Follow on Bloglovin