Can you hear my high pitched squealing through your computer screen?! I'm beyond thrilled that Unity teamed up with Faber Castell for the entire week! They are two of my favorite favorite companies, so I had to join in the blog hop today!
I really encourage you to leave comments along the hop today, and also leave comments on each of the Unity posts this week AND each Faber Castell post this week! Why? Ah-Maze-Zing prizes are to be won!!
Here is the prize that Unity has to give away...
Now it's time for me to share my art journal page :) I used a healthy variety of both Unity stamps and Faber Castell Design Memory Craft products.
I created a step-by-step photo collage to share my process in making this page.
Now for the step breakdown!
1) Lay down some pattern washi tapes, tape the center of the spine, and place some dry wall tape. Cover with Faber Castell Gesso. Let dry.
2) Scribble a variety of Gelato colors over the page. Mist with water and blend Gelatos with your fingers. Let dry.
3) Use Faber Castell PITT Pens as 'ink' for your stamps. This is one of my favorite ways to add color to my stamps, because once the PITT Pen dries, it is permanent and won't bleed!
4) I mixed a bit of Gelato with some Whipped Spackle to dye it. I have a quick video showing you how to do this; you can find it here :)
5) Use a palette knife to apply Whipped Spackle over a stencil. Let dry.
6) Stamp Donna's Poppies in Versamark ink and emboss with UTEE. I did this in 3 different areas.
7) Stamp your images and color with PITT Pens.
8) Stamp large 'true' sentiment and add 'stay' sticker letters.
9) ALL FINISHED!
Now for the fun close-up shots...
The Unity stamp sets I used are KOTM May 2014, SMAK May 2014, BIG Inspiration BIG Words, Donna Poppie's, Tumbleweed Houses, Create Your Day, ...And Then There was a Boy.
This journal page was also created for the current Mixed Media Monthly Challenge! They have a gorgeous photo inspiration challenge this month, which inspired the colors in my page.
Now, it wouldn't be a Thursday without a brand new Unity Stamp Co sale, would it?! Plus a LOT of new releases that I know you'll love. Once you're finished leaving those comments, jump over to the Unity store to shop away!
Your next stop today is STEPHANIE! Happy Hopping